British MP hopes for enhanced UK
简介Adam Afriyie, a UK member of Parliament, hopes to see UK-Korean trade and economic ties advance to t ...
Adam Afriyie, a UK member of Parliament, hopes to see UK-Korean trade and economic ties advance to the next level, the lawmaker said in an interview with The Korea Herald on Friday.
Afriyie touched on Korea's potential inclusion in the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), highlighting the prospect of increased economic cooperation between the two nations.
The CPTPP is a major free trade pact comprising 11 Asia-Pacific countries.
South Korea became a member of the CPTPP in April 2022 to expand its export opportunities, particularly in the face of increased economic uncertainty. Britain was accepted as a member this year.
"Through CPTPP, the UK and Korea can enhance skills transfer and foster a greater understanding between our people," he said.
"With around 17,000 Koreans in the UK, we have strong connections on which to build,” said Afriyie who represents Windsor from the Conservative Party.
“We share a similar outlook. Korea is a high-technology country. UK is also very creative and high-tech. So I think there is a lot to be learned from each other," Afriyie emphasized.
Seoul's streets are to become a festive outdoor venue for various street arts, circus performan ...
Prime Minister Han Duck-soo will meet with Chinese President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the open ...
Korea's parental leave benefits average at 44.6 percent of actual wages, placing it near the bo ...
- [Today’s K
- Unification minister to visit Britain, Germany
- Uzbekistan, Korea boost customs cooperation
- '코로나 봉쇄' 북한, 국경 열었다…3년8개월 만에 외국인 입국
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘Korea should support Korean history studies, research abroad’
- SKC to build bioplastics plant in Vietnam
- SM founder Lee Soo
- Hyundai Motor may sell Russian plant to local firm
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- Over half of Koreans want continuous strengthening of alliance with US: poll
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- [New in Korean] Year 2020 revisited under shadow of disconnection
- Korea’s parental leave benefits lag behind OECD average
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- "가리비 8m 천장까지 쌓였다"…단 한달만에 日 타격 입힌 中
- [Test Drive] Toyota’s minivan Alphard boasts sedanlike drive
- Outpaced by Coupang, Shinsegae carries out major leadership reshuffle
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Korean history remains virtually unknown abroad
- Dodgers prospect trying to fit in with S. Korean nat'l baseball team
- BTS' Jungkook to drop new single '3D'
- [Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes
- 2m Koreans opt out of life
- Russian top diplomat to visit NK, accuses US of fueling tensions on Korean Peninsula
- Yoon pushes for Xi’s visit to firm up ties with China
- Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
- Surveillance cameras to be a must in hospital operating rooms
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn